A Nursing Home Had Zero Coronavirus Deaths. Then, It Vaccinates Residents for Coronavirus and the Deaths Begin

January 11th, 2021

Via: Ron Paul Institute:

Things seem to be working backwards at The Commons on St. Anthony nursing home in Auburn, New York. Vaccinating people is supposed to reduce or end coronavirus deaths. Right? But, at The Commons, such deaths are reported to have occurred only after residents began receiving coronavirus vaccinations.

James T. Mulder wrote Saturday at syracuse.com that until December 29 there had been no coronavirus deaths at The Commons. December 29, when deaths of residents with coronavirus began occurring at The Commons, is also, Mulder’s article discloses, seven days days after the nursing home began giving coronavirus vaccinations to residents, with 80 percent of residents so far having been vaccinated.

Over a period of less than two weeks since December 29, Mulder relates that 24 coronavirus-infected residents at the 300-bed nursing home have died.

Is the timing just a strange coincidence?


The Tiny Satellites That Will Connect Cows, Cars and Shipping Containers to the Internet

January 10th, 2021

“Enabling a new kind of everywhere…”

Via: Wall Street Journal:

In the shadow of giants like SpaceX, more than a dozen startups are building their own globe-spanning networks of nanosatellites, enabling a new kind of everywhere, all-the-time connectivity for people, animals and assets on Earth.

In the near future, it isn’t unreasonable to imagine this evolving satellite technology could put a distress beacon in every automobile, allow remote monitoring of wildlife in any environment on earth, and track your Amazon shipment—not just when it’s on a truck, but backward, all the way to the factory that produced it. And it could be done at a fraction of the cost of earlier satellite tracking systems.


Britons Are Highly Likely to Need Covid Vaccination Every Year for Foreseeable Future

January 10th, 2021

Mmm hmm.

Via: Daily Mail:

Britons are ‘highly likely’ to need a Covid vaccination every year for the ‘foreseeable’ future, Matt Hancock has today warned, as he also revealed 200,000 people a day are now receiving their first dose of the jab.

The Health Secretary said the UK could require an ‘dual vaccination programme’, with yearly jabs to protect against flu and coronavirus.


“The Storming of the Capitol”: America’s Reichstag Fire?

January 9th, 2021

Via: Off-Guardian:

The media are already spinning a narrative around the events in Washington DC. One that bears no resemblance to reality, does not hold up to any kind of scrutiny and will have massive, far-reaching consequences for all of us.

They’re calling it “one of the darkest days in our nations history”, a day that will “live in infamy”. It will likely be memed into a shorthand date – 1/6/21, like 9/11 and 7/7. It will be the day “American democracy was attacked and prevailed”, the day the nation nearly fell to “fascists”.

It will become just one more grand sweeping illusion upon which the teetering structures of US Imperial power are built.


Recall Effort Against California Gov. Newsom Passes 1M Signatures

January 9th, 2021

Via: New York Post:

A grassroots recall effort against controversial California Gov. Gavin Newsom has collected more than 1 million signatures. Just nine weeks remain to get the final 500,000 signatures needed to force a Special Recall election, campaign leaders said.


Amazon Boots Parler Off AWS

January 9th, 2021

Via: ZeroHedge:

And so the hammer has come down late on Saturday, when Amazon officially kicked Parler off its cloud Web hosting service, AWS according to Buzzfeed. The suspension means that once the ban takes effect on Sunday, the website – which as of this moment is still up – will be offline until it finds someone else to host it.

* * *

Update (2100 ET): As expected, Apple removed Parler permanently from its app store on Saturday. “[T]here is no place on our platform for threats of violence and illegal activity,” the iPhone maker said, according to CNN which adds that Apple notified Parler of its decision in a message that said it had violated the company’s app store terms.

Related: “This Was A Coordinated Attack”: Parler CEO Speaks Out After Amazon Boots From AWS, Vows To Rebuild ‘From Scratch’


The Opening Act Of The New “War On Domestic Terror”

January 9th, 2021

Via: The Last American Vagabond:

Backup:


Lithium-Ion Battery Recycling Finally Takes Off in North America and Europe

January 9th, 2021

Via: IEEE Spectrum:

Later this year, the Canadian firm Li-Cycle will begin constructing a US $175 million plant in Rochester, N.Y., on the grounds of what used to be the Eastman Kodak complex. When completed, it will be the largest lithium-ion battery-recycling plant in North America.

The plant will have an eventual capacity of 25 metric kilotons of input material, recovering 95 percent or more of the cobalt, nickel, lithium, and other valuable elements through the company’s zero-wastewater, zero-emissions process. “We’ll be one of the largest domestic sources of nickel and lithium, as well as the only source of cobalt in the United States,” says Ajay Kochhar, Li-Cycle’s cofounder and CEO.

Founded in late 2016, the company is part of a booming industry focused on preventing tens of thousands of tons of lithium-ion batteries from entering landfills. Of the 180,000 metric tons of Li-ion batteries available for recycling worldwide in 2019, just a little over half were recycled. As lithium-ion battery production soars, so does interest in recycling.

According to London-based Circular Energy Storage, a consultancy that tracks the lithium-ion battery-recycling market, about a hundred companies worldwide recycle lithium-ion batteries or plan to do so soon. The industry is concentrated in China and South Korea, where the vast majority of the batteries are also made, but there are several dozen recycling startups in North America and Europe. In addition to Li-Cycle, that list includes Stockholm-based Northvolt, which is jointly building an EV-battery-recycling plant with Norway’s Hydro, and Tesla alum J.B. Straubel’s Redwood Materials, which has a broader scope of recycling electronic waste.


Navy’s Priciest Carrier Ever Struggles to Get Jets On, Off Deck

January 9th, 2021

Via: Bloomberg:

Aircraft takeoff and landing systems on the USS Gerald R. Ford remain unreliable and break down too often more than three years after the $13.2 billion carrier was delivered, according to the Pentagon’s top tester.

The latest assessment of the costliest warship ever built “remains consistent” with previous years, director of testing Robert Behler said in his new summary of the program obtained by Bloomberg News before its release in an annual report.

“Poor or unknown reliability of new technology systems critical for flight operations,” including its $3.5 billion electromagnetic launch system and advanced arresting gear, could “adversely affect” the carrier’s ability to generate sorties, he said.


Twitter Permanently Suspends President Trump’s Account

January 8th, 2021

Update: Google Suspends Parler Social Networking App from Play Store; Apple Gives 24-Hour Warning

Via: Reuters:

Alphabet Inc’s Google on Friday suspended the Parler social networking service from its app store, citing posts inciting violence and demanding “robust” content moderation from the app favored by many supporters of U.S. President Donald Trump.

Update: Twitter Has Now Shut Down @POTUS

Via: ZeroHedge:

At 8:29pm ET, Trump – having been suspended from his personal twitter account – decided to use the official twitter account of the US president, @POTUS, saying that “Twitter employees have coordinated with the Democrats and the Radical Left in removing my accounts from their platform to silence me – and YOU, the 75,000,000 great patriots who voted for me.” Trump then said that “Twitter may be a private company, but without the government’s gift of Section 230 they would not exist for long.”

Trump, who has yet to create his own Parler account, continued: “We have been negotiating with various other sites, and will have a big announcement soon, while we also look at the possibilities of building out our own platform in the near future.”

“We will not be SILENCED! Twitter is not about FREE SPEECH. They are all about promoting a Radical Left platform where some of the most vicious people in the world are allowed to speak freely” the president boomed.

He concluded with an all caps “STAY TUNED!”

Update: Last Two Tweets Before Account Suspended

Via: Trump Twitter Archive:

Donald J. Trump
@realdonaldtrump

To all of those who have asked, I will not be going to the Inauguration on January 20th.
Jan 8th 2021 – 10:44:28 AM EST

Donald J. Trump
@realdonaldtrump

The 75,000,000 great American Patriots who voted for me, AMERICA FIRST, and MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN, will have a GIANT VOICE long into the future. They will not be disrespected or treated unfairly in any way, shape or form!!!
Jan 8th 2021 – 9:46:38 AM EST

Via: Reuters:

Twitter Inc said on Friday that it has permanently suspended U.S. President Donald Trump’s account due to the risk of further incitement of violence following the storming of the U.S. Capitol on Wednesday by hundreds of his supporters.

“After close review of recent Tweets from the @realDonaldTrump account and the context around them we have permanently suspended the account due to the risk of further incitement of violence,” the company said in a tweet.


« Previous PageNext Page »